The other day, while I snacked on a bag of Funyuns as crumbs sprinkled on my laptop, I wondered: What do other college journalists like to eat?
Was I alone in my love of deadline Funyuns? Were my peers actually churning through their careers as college journalists with rice milk smoothies fortified with chia seeds?
Through the photo messaging app, Snapchat, I asked for pictures of food college journalists eat throughout the day. I needed answers.
Spoiler alert: My peers aren’t chugging chia seed smoothies while waiting for sources to call them back. Not even a little bit.
1. Starting your “mornings” off right with bagels.
2. Getting ready for your first cup of coffee, only to learn all you have is decaf.
3. Shoving delicious treats in your mouth and hoping your source doesn’t call early.
4. Second cup of coffee of the day.
5. Buying snacks in bulk knowing you won’t have time to go grocery shopping.
6. Ordering takeout dinner so often that the delivery people know your order.
7. Never home to keep real food in your fridge…
8. …or being home long enough to cook a real meal.
9. When you sat down, your workspace didn’t look like this.
10. Stress eating at its finest
11. Chipotle in the newsroom is never a bad idea
12. Like Cinderella, knowing to switch to tea once the clock strikes 12.